PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY!

I learned about music by driving in the car with my parents. We live in Manhattan so we rarely drive anywhere so I am afraid Princess A will never have a glam music vocabulary. So I play all kinds of music for her. Also, in a world full of  ipods I am afraid she won’t know about actual records. So for Hanukkah I bought her this vintage record player toy by Fisher-Price. It comes with 5 records that have songs on both sides. Some of the songs are “Clare de Lune”, “Jack and Jill”, and “Humpty Dumpty”. It has a handle so your child can carry it around and a storage compartment for all the records. Also, the music isn’t overpowering like most modern toys. I love it even though she thinks the records are just teething toys.I also like to dress Princess A in cool rock and roll outfits. I love this picture of her but it doesn’t show shirt very well.Here is a close-up!!! So cute. I am such a sucker for baby clothes with rock and roll bands on them but hey I am helping my daughter learn about music AND her godfathers are musicians so she needs to look the part.

Shirt- Trunk (Gift)

Pants- 77 Kids (Gift from Aunt Stacey)

Record Player- $50 Fisher Price

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to “PRINCESS A’S OUTFIT OF THE DAY!”

1. Star January 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM #

I had one of those record players when I was little!
    My oldest son is very diverse in music, my ex likes all the 70’s rock & we’re both game of the 80’s, plus I like todays music & raised him on classical…
    So he’ll listen to about anything.
    Although he picks on me about 100 Monkeys, he likes them and he likes that they play so many different instruments…
    My son plays cello & is teaching himself base guitar & harmonica….
    So, giving them a musical start is important, it really does help w/ school too!

2. Melissa Conder January 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM #

OhEmGee! I wish that they would have had baby rocker t’s when my son was little! When he was in high school though, I bought him every music t I could find. He’s a music lover as I am and we both benefited not just from my dad being a musician and a lover of music, but we were bestowed with a natural affinity to music and musicians. I love that you are introducing her to the wonderful world of music! For the record, I had one of the original Fisher Price record players as a child and it had all of those records (I think they were the standard), but you could buy additional ones too. I loved that toy and kept it even after I had a real turntable!

3. Shawna Kollath January 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM #

That was one of my favorite toys as a kid! Love it! And way to teacher her early about Led Zeppelin!!!! Very important!

4. Mimi J January 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM #

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard anybody else say they learned about music riding around in the car with their folks! My mom used to quiz me on songs. She’d have me name the band, the song, the band members, or the year within the first few seconds of a song. Sometimes even who the song was written about (like, “You’re So Vain”), or which members are dead or alive (which one is dead–John or Dan Fogerty). If I couldn’t get it I would make sure that I knew it the next time.

If you keep raising A on records she’ll know about them. I think the best thing to do is to just build a huge collection and as she gets older play them for her and teach her how to work the record player. It would work the same thing as learning in the car, you’re just in your living room instead!

WHERE did you get that Zeppelin shirt? That’s adorable.

• shannonsutherland January 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM #

I got it at a store in NYC called Area Kids but it is buy a company called Trunk T-shirts. They have an online store!!!!

• Mimi J January 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM #

Thank you! I have some nieces I’m gonna need to clothe in awesome rockin baby outfits. 🙂

5. Amélie January 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM #

This toy reminds me my childhood!! I loved play with it. 🙂
    It’s great for begin to teach music to a baby.

Her t-shirt is beautiful!!

6. Katie Luvsonehundredmonkeys January 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM #

I love that outfit lol. What’s up with the orange nose??? My kids are HUGE music fans, my youngest 9, totally adores the 100 Monkeys and Future Radio and the Monkey Song. I think he likes that last one because its the one time he gets to say (ass) and not get in trouble lol.

7. angmwe January 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM #

Wow.. that record player brings back a lot of memories. Is it a newer model or an old one from years ago. I remember having one as a kid and i can even remember the songs it played 🙂 Very cool.

• shannonsutherland January 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM #

Fisher Price did a vintage line of the most popular toys from the past. It is new but I think it is pretty close to the old version.

8. Cécile January 22, 2012 at 6:25 AM #

Led Zep … a good standard, I think!
    I also love the discrepancy between the baby clothes and the name of rock band! I found for my goddaughter a t-shirt with “The Clash” on it! Just huge.