A FAMILY THAT GETS SICK TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER

We had tons of fun in LA but now we are paying for it in poop, pee, and you guessed it puke. It all started when I thought it would be a good idea to drink beer and eat Nerds for dinner. Yes, I know that sounds like a bad idea but I was too tired to go out and grocery shop. I felt sick but assumed it was my dinner choice.

Then when The Husband got home I pooped a ton… food poisoning or stomach virus tons. Then I went back to bed but woke up an hour later and puked up my dinner. The weird mixture actually smelled like strawberry wine which is the only positive part to this story. Then I was so tired I fell asleep on the floor until The Husband woke me up and told me to go to bed.

The next day, The Husband took care of me while I rested. Then I slept for 12 hours straight… I haven’t done that since before Princess A and Freckles.

When I woke up I felt so much better and thought the worst was over. Then at dinner Princess A puked. I thought nothing of it but then during her bedtime play session with Freckles she started to cry and puked all over Freckles. Above is a picture of Princess A laughing even though she is sick because Freckles always makes her smile. Freckles is licking up her puke which is disgusting but it makes them both happy and  honestly I don’t want to clean it up. Don’t Judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I got Princess A ready for bed and she puked 2 more times during the night. This was our first time dealing with a sick princess and we felt so bad. The next day we gave her tons of Pedialyte, yogurt, and water. She basically had no appetite for 2 days but now she is doing much better.

There is no pee in this story… Thank God! I just wanted to let all my followers know that even though I just got back from a fab trip in LA I am still a mom who is trying to survive the poop, pee, and puke.

Tags: , , ,

12 Responses to “A FAMILY THAT GETS SICK TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER”

1. Katie Luvsonehundredmonkeys January 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM #

Oh my girl, thats so horrible and yet soooooooooo funny at the same time, I cannot judge because friday nite, my son puked in my car, i made him get out take off his clothes outside and run in the house nekkid and tossed his clothes outside cause i don’t deal with puke lol EVER and then got a towel and cleaned off back seat and threw towel with clothes and when oldest son got home the next day, I had him take care of clothes and towel lol. And I have yet to get out to the car to see if it needs to be cleaned lol.

2. karen January 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM #

no judging, as a fellow mom we do what we must. glad you’re all feeling better

3. Raven January 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM #

Hope ya’ll feel better soon.try to get alot of rest

4. Sarah January 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM #

Hugs Shannon, it’s no fun when your kids are sick xx
    I hope your household returns to good health soon

5. Star January 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM #

At least she’s smiling…

6. Amélie January 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM #

Oh!! Animals may be surprising!! 🙂

I don’t judge you, me neither, I can’t to clean it up!!

The most important, it’s that you and your family feel better now.

7. Ann-K January 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM #

I won’t judge – I hate to clean up Lilli’s puke…
    Hope you’ll all feel better soon and give the husband some extra care. Men are always suffering a lot more than women. 🙂

8. Felicia Palmer January 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM #

Gawd honey I think we’ve all been there. The puking and the dog part rang true for me as ours used to do the same thing with Conner, actually it made her anticipate and be excited the next time he would vomit so she could clean it for me lol. I hope hubby is feeling better soon.

9. Awesomely Awesome (@caramelsundae02) January 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM #

Last year we had a horrible stomach bug hit our entire family. It started with my daughter and poop, so much poop she became dehydrated. So off to the hospital we went, they kept her. So my mom and I stayed while my Ex-Husband went to work. I went home to nap..except I got sick really sick. I did so much puking I ended up just throwing up pure bile. Hospital for me too. Treated for dehydration then booted out. My daughter was released. Things calmed down for a few days, until my mom ended up with it. She didn’t even live with us but must have caught it when changing diapers. Turns out my ex brought the bug home from work. But sick babies make me sad. I feel your pain.