ROSE PUKE

We like to get flowers once a week to brighten our apartment. This week the flower man gave Princess A her own rose which is sweet in theory but not in real life. Here she is trying to hold onto her flower but I took it away because she does not have a good track record with roses… let me explain.

A couple of months ago I thought it would be a fun idea for Princess A to pose with a rose. I got one good picture and then she started eating it. I took it from her and she started to cry. While I was trying to calm her down Freckles started to eat the rose so then I had to take the rose from him too. Finally, everyone was calm and not eating roses.

About thirty minutes later Princess A started puking up rose petals so I called the pediatrician. While I was on the phone with the pediatrician’s secretary Freckles started to puke up rose petals as well. When I got off the phone with the pediatrician’s office I called the veterinarian’s office. I started to freak out and wonder how I would be able to get them both to their prospective hospitals.

The pediatrician called and asked some questions She told me that roses are non toxic and not to worry unless Princess A got a fever or rash. Right when I got off the phone with her my vet called and said that roses are non toxic to dogs as well.

I was so relieved! But then I remembered I had to clean up dog and baby puke… gross!!! Oh well, at least I didn’t have to go to 2 hospitals!

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “ROSE PUKE”

1. Brianna January 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM #

WOW…I can honestly say that fortunately I haven’t had that experience with either of my girls. I feel so bad for you and I totally would have been panicked and call the Dr. like u did to make sure they were alright.

• shannonsutherland January 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM #

Yeah, my daughter and dog are CRAZY but at least I know now that roses are non toxic.

2. Dijana January 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM #

Hehe, this reminds me of the time I ate roses…to drive someone away from me. I was 18 at the time and this guy I broke up with, showed up with bunch of roses on my door. I was so angry that I didn’t know what else to do and started chewing on the roses in front of him, in hope that he’ll think I’ve completely fallen off the wagon and go away. Hard luck…he just stood there and was trying to comfort me after I told him that they taste bad. I wish I had puked on him 🙂 Sorry about your scare.

3. Katie Luvsonehundredmonkeys January 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM #

oh dear me, ummmm wowsers, yea pics with kids and flowers not a good idea, not til they get outta the eating everything stage, but its a learning lesson right??? At least now you know, just like ya know that she don’t like balloons, she loves to eat flowers.

4. Felicia Palmer January 12, 2012 at 6:44 AM #

My daughter at 8 months old thought it would be yummy to eat one of the hairiest and badest looking huntsman spiders that hapenned to come inside my house and crawled over her in her bouncer. And I’d only turned around for a second!! Separating her from her new ‘chew toy’ was disgusting lol. It’s always a scare when they chomp on anything that’s not food.

• shannonsutherland January 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM #

OMG and I thought I had it tough. I would freak if Amelia tried to chew a spider!