PRINTEMPS HOLIDAY WINDOWS

I was so excited about Christmas I forgot to post about the fabulous holiday windows at Printemps in Paris, designed by Karl Lagerfeld. Each window featured an exotic destination in a different time zone. I felt like I was being personally flown away by Karl Largerfeld to each different location! The first location was London. I love the use of the Union Jack and the mannequin reminds me of a mix between Adele and Amy Winehouse.This one is my hometown New York City! My favorite part is Godzilla in the background.So I am not sure where this scene is supposed to take place but the glamorous deer and moose make me want to go there. This is Paris, starring tons of tiny Karl Lagerfelds!I think this is Monte Carlo or Greece but I am not sure. Whatever it is I love it and want to live there.I am thinking Australia for this window but I am not totally sure. What are your thoughts?This has to be Moscow. I love the ballerinas. They moved very gracefully.So I really have no idea what this window represents. I wish I was more worldly so I knew what all these places were.This is obviously a big city in Asia. I can’t tell if it is Tokyo, Beijing, or Hong Kong. Any guesses?My favorite part of the windows had nothing to do with Chanel or Karl Lagerfeld. I loved that it had steps leading up to walkways so kids could get a close up view of the windows. In the States, children have to sit on their parent’s shoulders to see the windows but not in France!Here is a side view of the children walkway. I can’t wait to take Princess A to Paris when she is older so she can experience the glamorous department store windows!

Tags: , , ,

16 Responses to “PRINTEMPS HOLIDAY WINDOWS”

1. Jamie December 26, 2011 at 5:37 PM #

Wow, those windows are amazing.. I didnt like Paris at all when I was there. But your pics are making me rethink my opinion. Guess I was there at the wrong time of the year.

• shannonsutherland December 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM #

I hated paris the first time I went as well. It was summer so it was hot and crowded. I loved it in December though the Christmas decorations made it magical and it was way less crowded!

2. Cécile December 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM #

hello, I hope your Christmas went well … By your post, yes! I am happy for you.
    Yet beautiful photos … for the ninth picture, I think it’s Venice … because the Lion of Venice (Film Festival) and the decorations on the left reminds me of gondolas … I may be wrong ! I do not know …

3. shannonsutherland December 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM #

Thanks Cecile. I think you are right. It does look like Venice! Thanks for helping me.

4. Felicia Palmer December 26, 2011 at 7:37 PM #

I think the one you’ve picked out for Australia is a good suggestion, a typical Bondi beach day. It’s just missing something though… perhaps a pair of thongs (footwear)? Thanks for sharing that, it really is a beautiful display.

• shannonsutherland December 26, 2011 at 7:50 PM #

Yes… or a kangaroo lol. I love kangaroos!

• Felicia Palmer December 26, 2011 at 9:03 PM #

Lol we have a few that hang out behind our place on the nature reserve. They are BIG ones too! Great times taking the trash out lol

• shannonsutherland December 27, 2011 at 6:53 AM #

I am so jealous… I would love to see kangaroos on a daily basis!

• Felicia Palmer December 27, 2011 at 7:07 AM #

We are really lucky to see them daily. And they just love to lay around in the summer sun all morning. Our version of guard dogs as they make one serious noise if disturbed. Not as loud as male koalas but the noise is still pretty loud.

• shannonsutherland December 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM #

And you see koalas?!?!?!?… OMG… I miss Australia. I went as a child but barely remember the trip and have been dying to go back!!!!

5. Patti Geric Gossett (@pattiginpa) December 27, 2011 at 9:49 AM #

Fabulous windows at Printemps. Although – is it just me or do the little Lagerfelds kind of look like Snow Miser….

6. Ronda Lawrence December 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM #

I thought picture 9 reminded me of London. The lion is like those around Nelson’s Column in Trafalgar Square.

• shannonsutherland December 27, 2011 at 12:40 PM #

You’re right the lion does look like the one in Trafalgar Square… maybe they did 2 London windows?

7. Felicia Palmer December 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM #

Ahh my daughter thinks the Asian city skyline window is Hong Kong, and the more I look at it I’d have to agree.. and yes we have koalas too, thankfully mating season is over as they might be cuties but the Noise! Lol. 🙂

• shannonsutherland December 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM #

Yeah… I think it’s Hong Kong too but I have never been there so I wasn’t sure.