The Eiffel Tower… Kind Of

The 100 Monkeys had 2 days off from their European tour in Paris. I wanted them to sight see with us but they mostly rested because they were so tired. I did convince them to go to the Eiffel Tower with us though. Unfortunately, this is as close as we got to the Eiffel Tower. It was raining and very windy so they closed the tower down. We were very disappointed! Especially because we got wet walking in the rain for nothing.So we went to a restaurant to dry off and eat. This is Jackson scolding me for dragging them to the Eiffel Tower for nothing. Jerad and Ben still can’t believe how wet they got.Will and Lani just chilled and enjoyed the good company… they got to see the Eiffel Tower with us the next day.Once Jackson got his big beer he forgave me and was happy. We feasted on croques with fried eggs on top… I think they are called croque madame but I may be wrong and am probably spelling croque wrong. Anyway, it’s a yummy French dish with bread that has ham and melted cheese on top.The Husband got a giant beer too! Dear Eiffel Tower, you may have won today but eventually I will get to the top of you so I can look at the beautiful Paris skyline!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “The Eiffel Tower… Kind Of”

1. Jamie December 23, 2011 at 10:54 AM #

Is that really a photo of the tower? Amazing! Love your outfit, so cute.

• shannonsutherland December 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM #

yes, it is a real picture I took! It was blury because of the rain so I played with it on iphoto to make it look cool.

2. Katie Luvsonehundredmonkeys December 23, 2011 at 11:55 AM #

That first pic of the tower really rocks, i love it. Poor guys look exhausted, i’m glad they got some rest and that you made it to the tower the next day. I still say that outfit rocks hard. Keep up being glamorous!!!!

• shannonsutherland December 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM #

Thanks Katie!!!! it’s funny that I am still posting about my second day in Paris… there is so much to do there and I took so many pics!

3. Cécile December 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM #

What adventures … it’s shame that your friends have to do all of this for nothing!
    For the Croque Madame, it’s spelled just fine! perfect! and without the egg it is called a Croque Monsieur … it’s very simple to do, in fact if you want the recipe I give it to you!
    The view from Montmartre is very beautiful too! If you did not go, try next time.
    I had forgotten but I love the necklace that you wear on the photo … it is too fun!

• shannonsutherland December 23, 2011 at 1:14 PM #

Thanks! My spell check kept saying I was spelling croque wrong but I guess it’s an English spellcheck so it doesn’t know French. The necklace I got from Lady Gaga’s workshop at Barneys’com. I don’t know if they do international shipping but you should check it out!

• Cécile December 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM #

I’ll go to the website because I love the jewelry … among other things!
        Thanks for the advice.
        If I do not post before … Merry Christmas to you and your family and everyone that loves you.

4. Ann-K December 23, 2011 at 4:53 PM #

“Croque” is right… I love croque madame. *yummy*
    I’m a little jealous because I’ve never been in Paris … yet! 😉 Although it’s almost around the corner from Germany. Maybe seven hours by car but someday I’ll make it to the Eiffel Tower.
    Looks like you’ve had lots of fun – and I wish I could’ve seen the 100 monkey’s concert in Hamburg/Germany.

Happy Holidays from Germany,
    Ann & Lillian

• shannonsutherland December 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM #

Happy Holidays Ann and Lillian. You have to go to Paris!!!!! It’s the best city in the world. Maybe you will be able to go to a show on their next European tour!